Please forward your C.V. with a covering letter to: [email protected] if you are:
- interested in a permanent position
- a student wishing to train in childcare
- bank staff
We will respond within 3 days of receiving your email.
We are currently recruiting for a: Deputy Manager reporting to the Manager at the setting.
- Deputise for the Manager
- Overseeing the smooth running of the nursery
- Leading the staff team to deliver high quality practice within the nursery
- Ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care and development for children placed in the Day Nursery
- Your role as Deputy Manager will include: Promoting positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues
- Responsible for any tasks delegated by the Manager.
- To give support to other personnel within the Day Nursery.
- Overall management responsibility for the Day Nursery in the absence of the Manager.
- Assist the Manager in providing effective day to day management of the Nursery.
- Assist the Manager in setting and implementing objectives for policy for the Nursery within the framework of the management committee.
- Assist the Manager in planning the training strategy for students
- To be responsible for the supervision of students, identifying their learning needs and advise key-staff of these.
- In conjunction with the Manager, to formulate, operate and evaluate a yearly programme of activities, following the guidelines of the National Curriculum, that is suitable to the age range of children.
- To assist the Manager in promoting Equal Opportunities throughout the Day Nursery.• To work alongside the parents/carers of special needs children to achieve full integration within the Nursery.
- Identify the physical, emotional, intellectual and developmental needs of children with special needs and offer support and relevant developmental opportunities.
Liaise with and support parents/carers and other family members.
- Liaise with the Local authority and other professionals associated with the Nursery.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and training sessions outside working hours.
- Undertake certain domestic duties within the Nursery, i.e, preparation of snacks, cleansing of equipment.
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the Nursery is fulfilled.
- Mentor junior/trainee practitioners ensuring they deliver the vision and ethos of Kinderoos
- Undertake other duties as may be requested from time to time by the Manager
Qualities, Experience & Qualifications Required
- NVQ level 3 or higher (Required)
- Childcare: 3 years (Required)
- Ofsted Knowledge: 2 years (Required)
- Managerial and SEN experience (Desirable)
- Strong knowledge of the EYFS (Desirable)
- You may have experience of the following: Senior Nursery Nurse, Senior Nursery
- Practitioner, Room Supervisor or Room Manager.
- FT 40 hours per week
- Permanent role
- Rota Based – Shifts can vary
- Company Benefits
- Pension (2% matched Kinderoos contribution)
- Ongoing training
- Paid Holiday
- Christmas Meals/Party
- Salary dependant on experience.
Full JD available from and application to [email protected]