At Kinderoos we believe that care and education are equally important in the experience which we offer children.
The routines and activities that make up the session/day in the setting are provided in ways that:
- help each child to feel that she/he is a valued member of the Kinderoos;
- ensure the safety of each child;
- develop their confidence and independence
- help children to gain from the social experience of being part of a group; and
- provide them with opportunities to challenge their minds and help them to value learning.
- Breakfast is served until 8:50am
- Mid morning snack with milk
- Lunch is served at 12pm
- Mid afternoon snack with milk
- Light afternoon meal served at 4pm
We are able to provide an extended service of a 7.30am start or a 6.30pm finish or both to meet parent’s needs. There is an additional charge for this service, please ask a member of staff for further information. Prior booking of a late finish will prevent incurring a late collection fee.
Please also speak to the manager regarding minimum sessions recommended and best way to select sessions to provide stability, routine and access to curriculum.
Happy & Healthy in mind and body
We recognise that an enabling learning environment is one, in which children feel confident, cared for and secure enough to fail, as well as recognising their success
Teaching our children to play and problem solve with their peers in a positive way
- Staff trained in Physical Literacy (an understanding of improving the physical activity of children)
- Outdoor learning including ‘planting & growing’
- Healthy meals cooked on site, low in sugar and salt
- Support for parents on improving their child’s healthy eating
- Helping children to have a better understanding of ‘being healthy’ (relative to their age)
Please speak to the manager for guidance or recommended books* on:
- Child mental wellbeing (including dealing with grief)
- Welcoming a baby sibling
- Encouraging children to eat
- Way to improve physical activity (British Medical society recommends 180 mins of activity a day for children aged between 1 and 5 years)
*unfortunately at present due to Covid restrictions, we are unable to loan books to parents but can still recommend if you wish to purchase yourself. Some of the guidance can be emailed to you by the manager.